Facial Paralysis: E-Evaluation with Video
Permanent facial paralysis treatment and permanent facial paralysis surgery I am receiving messages about the evaluation of the situation regarding. Patients who often live outside of Istanbul or wonder before the examination can ask whether there is a treatment for permanent facial paralysis and what I can do for them. I often think about how to respond to these emails and have trouble. For three reasons:
- No e-mail is a substitute for inspection
- I cannot make a definite decision without seeing your face, listening to you and doing your examination.
- A detailed video is required.
For these reasons, diagnosis / treatment via e-mail / internet is incomplete, risky and open to wrong decision. I don't mind. However, I am putting the following standards here for due diligence. When I do the evaluation, I answer the e-mail, but I make the final decision after the examination. I recommend this primarily to patients who write from outside of Istanbul. The following Ask a question to Dr. Berke Özücer You can save your question in the section, return to your e-mail at the first opportunity:
- When did you have facial paralysis? and then have you received any treatment. A brief summary of your situation
- What are your expectations? What is your priority for improvement?
- Standard videomust include (shot in beautiful face light, similar to the photos below):
- the face at rest,
- If there is an unwanted movement on the face (synkinesis), it is recorded (for example, squinting when laughing or tightening in the chin and neck when closing the eye)
- lifting eyebrows,
- eye closure,
- closing eyes tightly,
- smiling without showing teeth,
- showing all teeth (32 teeth laughing)